1. What types of board games do you like to play, if any? I enjoy playing Monopoly, Scrabble, Life, Risk, and Checkers.
2. How often do you play board games? I have not played board games in a year or so. We usually play when we go to my boyfriend’s parents house.
3. What is your absolutely favorite game? My absolute favorite board game is Candy Land. I had a blast playing that game when I was a child.
4. Describe your Monopoly strategy. I don’t really have a strategy…which explains why I always lose.
5. Do you feel that board games are becoming obsolete with the rise in computer and video gaming I don’t think board games will ever become obsolete. I think they are just on a back burner for now.
Five on Friday – A Choo!
Posted by: http://friday.criminalgrace.com/
1. Do you experience any seasonal allergies? Are you allergic to anything else?
2. What kinds of symptoms do you experience during your allergic reactions?
3. How do you manage your allergies? (ie: medication, avoidance, alternative therapies, etc)
4. What is the strangest allergy you’ve ever heard of?
5. How do you feel about school and social policies that banning peanuts and other allergens?
I guess I am lucky, I don’t suffer from seasonal allergies, but I do suffer from sinus problems now and then. I think those with allergies are better off avoiding what causes the allergic reaction and treating it with medication as needed. I don’t feel that there should be policies banning peanuts and other allergens…doing that does not make it fair to all parties involved.
1. How often do you listen to music?
2. Do you ever listen to the radio? What is your favorite station?
3. How do you find new songs, albums, or artists to listen to?
4. When was the last time you bought a CD? A digital music file?
5. Do you think any of the technologies and distribution methods mentioned above will still be around in ten years? Why or why not?
I listen to music everyday. I have the radio on on my way to work, on my way home from work and while I am at work. My favorite radio station is KFLW 98.8…a local radio station near Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
I find new songs, albums, and artists by listening to the radio, surfing the Internet, visiting Yahoo Music, MySpace and a few other web sites. I have not purchased a CD or a digital music file in awhile. I think the last CD I purchase was in 2007 for my son.
I think todays technologies and distribution methods in regards to music will always be around…they will just be more improved with each passing year.
Check out Five on Friday: http://friday.criminalgrace.com/
1. What does your body tell you when you get out of bed in the morning?
My body tells me I am getting older and that it cannot function as well as it use to. Some days it tells me to go back to bed and get more rest!
2. How well do you treat your body? Do you feed and exercise it well? Go for regular check-ups?
I don’t treat my body very well. I do get regular check-ups but I don’t exercise very often. I also eat a lot of junk food and fast food. Plus, I feel I am rather lazy
3. What part of your body feels strongest?
The strongest part of my body are my legs. They hold up my weight (I am not saying how much I weigh…but I am overweight by a lot) and they get me where I need to go each day.
4. Which is the weakest?
The weakest part of my body is my teeth. I did not take good care of them as a kid and I didn’t do much better as an adult…as a result I am paying the price. My teeth hurt all the time.
5. If you had to live without the use of one body part for the rest of your life, which would it be? Why?
If I had to live without the use of one body part for the rest of my life I would chose it to be spleen…it isn’t all that important to have.
Five on Friday: http://friday.criminalgrace.com/
Five on Friday: http://friday.criminalgrace.com/
1. When feel the urge to use the bathroom, do you hold it or go right away?
It depends on where I am or what I am doing. 90% of the time I go right away…no use to wait if I don’t have to.
2. When was the last time you held hands with someone?
This morning…with my son LOL! He kept poking me in the side so I held his hands to stop him.
3. Do you hold in your emotions or let them out?
I tend to hold them in because I don’t like hurting other people’s feelings. If I hold mine in then there will be peace.
4. If you play blackjack or poker, are you more likely to hold or fold on any given hand?
If I am playing those games online I tend to hold more than I fold. In the ‘real world’ I will fold more often so I don’t get in over my head.
5. In general, can you hold your tongue? When you have a secret? When someone says something you don’t agree with?
In general I can hold my tongue…why cause an argument or fight if there is no need. Now that I am older I can keep secrets…as a child I was horrible about keeping a secret.
When someone does something I don’t agree with I will say something depending on who it is and the situation involved. My children get lectures from me often but that is part of my parenting job! At work I have learned to speak up for myself and for what is right for my company.
Five on Friday Sweet Stuff
1. Cake or pie?
I like both actually. But there are times I prefer one over the other…like Christmas and Thanksgiving I love pie (Cherry, Apple, Strawberry Rhubarb). Birthday cake always rocks and sometimes I like to have a chocolate cake with chocolate icing!
2. What is your favorite kind of candy?
Chocolate! Hershey’s is my top pick, then Dove. I really like Hershey bars with Almonds but my teeth are getting bad so I am happy with a plain Hershey bar.
3. Do you actually like conversation hearts?
Yes. The remind me of being a kid again 🙂 Mom got those for my brother and I every Valentine’s Day.
4. Would you prefer chocolates or flowers from a loved one?
I prefer chocolate. Flowers just die and you only enjoy them for a short amount of time. But chocolate can last for ever.
5. What is the sweetest thing someone has ever done for you?
The sweetest thing that I can think of is that Steve never forgets my birthday. I think it is great that a man actually remembers my birthday AND gets me a gift each year.