Becca says…”There’s nothing like the holidays for creative special foods that people only make once a year. Yummy!”
Give Me Five favorite holiday foods.
1. Potato Candy
2 (1 lb.) boxes powdered sugar
1/2 c. hot mashed potatoes, drained
1 sm. jar crunchy peanut butter
Mix sifted sugar into potatoes a little at a time by hand. (Don’t panic when potatoes liquify as the first sugar is added. This is what it’s supposed to do. Just keep adding sugar until it is pastry consistency.) Sprinkle wax paper with additional powdered sugar. Take baseball-sized ball of mixture and roll out like pastry. Spread with peanut butter and roll like a jelly roll. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap.
Becca says…”The ‘Give Me Five’ Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here’s how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn’t have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.”
Give Me Five of your favorite breakfast foods.
1. Scrambled Eggs
2. Biscuits and Gravy
3. Hash Browns
5. Crackling Oat Bran (Cereal)
Give Me Five – Hosted by Becca
Give Me Five summer time TV shows you enjoy.
01. Good Eats
02. Top Chef
03. Iron Chef
04. Randy Jackson Presents America’s Best Dance Crew
05. The Bill Engvall Show
Give Me 5 Monday
Hosted by Becca
Give Me Five ways to fit exercise into your life.
01. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
02. Park the farthest away from your office as you can.
03. During lunch take a 20 minute walk around your building.
04. If you have a dog, take her (or him) to the local park to walk them each day.
05. Go to your local store (Wal Mart) and walk around for awhile.
Five Tips/Tricks for keeping your house clean and clutter free.
01. Organize your space and use it wisely.
02. Have everyone living in the house help with cleaning. Don’t do it all yourself.
03. Set up a schedule for each day of the week. That way you are not doing all of the work on one day or wasting your entire weekend (or day off) cleaning.
04. Put things away when you are done with them. Don’t leave them for later.
05. Clean up messes, spills, etc when they happen.
Five Tips/Tricks to Save Money or Cut Corners to Stretch Your Budget.
01. Try to do all of your week’s shopping in one trip.
02. Stock up on things that are on sale IF you will use them.
03. Don’t go out of your way to shop or buy gas. Find the best place to shop/buy gas that is on the same route between work and home.
04. Don’t give in to those little items at the check out counter.
05. Make a list before you go shopping and stick to it.