Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
1 cup sliced strawberries
3 Tbsps. flour
2 tsps. cinnamon
2 cups sliced rhubarb
1 cup sugar
½ tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large bowl beat eggs with fork and add strawberries, flour, cinnamon, rhubarb, sugar and salt and mix well. Pour into pie shell. Top with second crust and flute edges together. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool.
Apple Pie – Diabetic
·Pastry for 2 crust 9″ pie
· 6-7 large apples, peeled, cored, sliced
· 1/2 cup fruit sweetener (1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate plus 1/4 cup granulated fructose)
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· 1 tbsp margarine
1. Line pie bottom with pastry.
2. In large bowl, combine ingredients except margarine. Mix well and spoon into pastry lined pan. Dot with margarine.
3. Cover with top crust, seal, and flute edges. Cut a few small slits in crust. Bake 40 minutes at 350° F., or until crust is golden brown.
Source: Sweet Inspirations, Sugar Free Dessert
Author(s): Ron Lynch and Patti Lynch
Pub. Date: June 1, 1989
Publisher(s): Sweet Inspirations
Sweet Inspirations – A Sugar Free Dessert CookbookAuthor: Patti Lynch
1 graham cracker pie crust
8 oz. soft cream cheese
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
8 oz. Cool Whip, slightly thawed
Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla, mix well. Fold in Cool Whip. Spoon into pie crust and chill for 4 hours.